Friday, April 30, 2010

I like life . . . Life likes me‏

Well, it sounds like things are very busy back home. I will send a letter myself, but please tell Kendra and Doug congratulations for me! I'm way excited for them. It's really fun when friends get married :).

My week has been wonderful. Still no investogators in this area, but the Less Active work and Member work is going really well. To top it all off "구조하라" or "To the Rescue" has been launched in full force in the Masan Stake. It's the missionary program that Pres. Monson has been prepping us for for a LONG time. It's all about having the work directed by ward leaders who know the history of the area better than the missionaries. We've had some real success with it so far. Jinhae Ward leaders have latched onto it quite fast and set-up a big kick-off meeting as part of their Ward Conference. The Pungho ward will be a little slower, but I've got a lot of really good members right behind me and I think the leaders will come around. I'm so excited about this program...it's obviously put forth by a prophet of God who not only knows the work and how to do it, but recieves inspiration according to his calling. They're starting it at kinda random intervals around the world, so I don't know if it's at home right now or not...but when it comes out...try to be as helpful as you can with it....it brings forth miracles.

Someone needs to tell me to give in and get new shoes..I'm beginning to feel the concrete under the ball of my foot...and my shoes not only leak water but they also leak small pebbles now (both pairs). BUT I LOVE MY SHOES!! Every pair I put on trying to buy new ones just feels so stiff and impractical for a Sister Missionary lifestyle. I'm considering taking them to the cobbler and just getting a new insole put it...yes...they still have cobblers in Korea....they're called "구두 병원" or "Shoe Hospital". I love that it makes them sound so desparate. Then again my shoes pretty much are on their last life-line.

Sis. Cramer is just amazing. I can't even tell you how great it is to serve with her. She's always cheerful and just loves to laugh at everything. We have so much fun together and we get a lot of good work done. I just love it. She keeps me smiling even though it's kinda hard starting a new area with no history to work from.

I'm continuously praying for all of you. I just love this work and I love this Gospel. Through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and adherance to its principles we truly can find the greatest happiness. I see it everyday!

Much love to all!

~R~

No comments:

Post a Comment