Monday, October 26, 2009

Thoughts on a Warm October Afternoon‏

Business first: I took money out of my account to buy an electronic dictionary--so don't worry that money disappeared. I sent my ballot back on Friday, so I'm fairly sure it'll get there on time. I am a responsible citizen who is honored to vote in local elections---the most important ones--even if other missionaries make fun of me for taking my civic duties seriously. I'm proud to be an American. Thanks for paying ot rush it to me, Dad. I know you don't do stuff like that often. I'd have loved a note or something with it though :).

Also, apparently for 2 or 3 weeks in a row the brilliant secretaries in the mission office (the last 6 words are words I haven't said in english in a long time because even when I speak english I'm talking to missionaries who also know the Korean words, and the Korean is more readily accessible--and had to search my brain for the english) sent my mail to an old post office address for which no missionaries have the key or code or whatever. They called that post office and supposedly it's being redirected to the mission office, but it's possible it won't come to me. So, if you sent anything with imperative information in the last month or so and I haven't responded, it's not cause I don't love you.

The next most important thing to mention is that I ate 3 inches of a Subway sandwich in Changwan last weekend. It was amazing! I forgot how good sandwiches are!!! I only got 3 inches because it was in a take-home dinner the members premade for the missionaries after the fireside and they cut the 6-inches half---probably not for cost, but because it's so utterly Korean to only eat 2 bites of sandwich. It was heaven though. I can't wait to get a whole one at home!!

Which brings me to transfers. I'm still in Ulsan, and I'm still with Sis. Montgomery. I'm really excited! She'll be going home at the end of this transfer, so I'm really excited I'm gonna get to serve with her to the end. The crazy thing is that my housemate, Sis. Asay, left to go home today---weird. I still feel like she'll be there when I get home. But to replace her they sent not one but TWO missionaries. Yep, teh other companionship in the house is gonna be a threesome, which means that 5 girls are in our very tiny apartment and supposedly all 5 of us have to shower in our 30 minute window for showering. Yep, methinks there will have to be an adjustment to the rules for practicality, because I don't see bathroomn time dropping to 6 minutes for anyone anytime soon. It'll be really fun though because my trainer is one of the girls coming for the threesome and the other girl was in my BYU ward before she left (but before I was in the ward---but we hung out with all the same people--CRAZY). And Beh In Young is in my "Donggi" which means we came into the mission together and spent time in the MTC together. It's just gonna be a party. You know--so far as missionaries party.

Tell Scott that Kimchi is delicious and doesn't count as weird food. I eat kimchi for breakfast :). I also put that spicy paste on just about everything. Food is bland without it. The pickles are just pickles--nothing special. They serve them with pizza. I'm gonna miss getting pickles when I order pizza. And they put sweet potatoes on pizza. It's delicious. We also have better candy here, with the exception that there are no Reeses. This is a random paragraph. Thought vomit.

The work rolls on. We're having a fantastic halloween party this weekend. It's gonna be amazing! I'm gonna be a witch. You should be jealous you don't get to come to our tri-branch halloween party. It's gonna rock off all the Koreans socks...and Koreans like their socks...

Okay, I better end this letter before it gets more dissipated than it already is. I love you all. Keep the spirit. Read your scriptures. Pray. No really---go do it now---it'll make ya happy! Much love from the Land of the Morning Calm!

~R~

P.S. Chalene---quit breaking stuff in your house. It sounds expensive---and stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment