Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's May, It's May, The Merry ol' month of May‏

Well, here I am. Yay for the last timed e-mail. In the future I should have an hour to email--so, Chalene, will you assemble an up-to-date list of all of the Geeks' email addresses so I can have the option of writing you all on occasion?

Also, Mom, you asked me to say when I'm leaving, I'm leaving early Monday morning (May 11). If you want to dearelder me for free before then I suggest having it in by Thursday night, though supposedly Friday by noon will work.

Good news, despite the fact that we can't call on Mother's Day from the MTC Pres. Carlson said that a breif phone call from the airport is appropriate. My flight is at 8 AM, so I should be calling sometime between 6:30 and 8:00 AM. I'd appreciate it if Dad and Matt put off going to work until I've called :). I think I'm limited to 30 minutes and that much only if time allows--so speaker phone is probably best :).

Mom, you can send the pictures as attachments. Ask Matt or Tim to help if you can't get it (or wait for Malea). I'm excited to see them. I'd still like a hard copy of a picture of the Nova, though :).

Sounds like Dad is really busy getting the van in order to go pick up Malea. If I know Dad he'll finish it the night before--if that early. He always takes good care of everything, though. I've learned a lot from him in that regard. Just get it taken care of :).

I got a haircut today. The MTC barbers aren't as bad as the rumors proclaim them to be. Then again, I just had her cut of split ends. Nothing drastic. No pictures are necessary--I promise. I look the same.

I'll be sending some prints home today.

Today has been a day of chance meetings. This morning I ran into Grandpa Robison again at the Temple. That's always very pleasant. He's a good man. I enjoyed seeing him.

Then I ran into Michael McConkie, who works here at the MTC now. I hadn't seen him in a few years, so it was fun to chat for a second.

Then I ran into Nikki, my roommate Brittney's sister. It's always fun to see her because she's so pleasant. I got to hear a bit about Britt's wedding plans and other things--so that was fun.

Funny who you run into here in our small little bubble.

Elder Ballard is coming tonight. Usually such information is unknown until he walks into the buidling, but the second councilor in the MTC Presidency likes us a lot so he told us :). Given that it starts in 2 hours I don't think I'm in danger of you spoiling the secret for anyone. I'm excited to have him come. That makes three Apostles in the time I've been at the MTC. You sure learn a lot here.

Funny "only-at-the-MTC" story: I was saying goodbye to a sister gouing to Germany who got here the day I did. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and a sister excitedly exclaimed "The new German sister just got here from Thailand!" It's a head-scratcher, I know. By MTC standards I'm a Korean. Therefore this Thai girl must be German. Gotta love it.

In case you were wondering---I wasn't kidding about the pitch pipe. Please?! :)

I'll try to send pictures on a regular basis once I reach Korea and have a normal computer that doesn't block all possible functions.

Love to all!

~R~

No comments:

Post a Comment