Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Feet Trees are Out‏

April 14, 2009

For those of you who aren't aware--there's a certain type of tree on the BYU/MTC grounds that smells like a cross between feet and old fish in the Spring when it's blossoms are out. It's lovely, to say the least.

I forgot my notebook in which I keep little jots of what to tell you all throughout the week---so this is from memory and will likely be more spirratic than normal--if that's possible.

Um--Chalene, I know the yoga ball is there. Check under my bed and in my closet. I vaguely remember hiding it from Evan because he wanted to do something uncouthe with it. It could also be in the food storage room. OR you already found it since you wrote that 2 weeks ago...

Karina, how is my computer treating you? Is it working for what you intended? Treat it nice, please :).

Malea, my cd's are in a big black case--odd as it is--in a trash bag under my desk at mom and dad's house. If it's not there it's in the desk somewhere or possibly in the closet. Last resort is among my boxes in the crawlspace.

As you can see, the law of consecration is in full force among the Ogilvie sisters :).

Yes, mom, I do get the dearelders. Thanks so much for them. Thanks for the allergy medicine, too--it came just in time :). I'm glad to hear that you are the ward co-organist. Sharing with one person is better than five, right? That'll be good for you.

I hear Sis. Julie Beck is coming to the Springs (or came?). How exciting! That should be really good. She always has some good things to say. Good woman, that one.

Wah....my brain is gone. I have no memory of what I should be writing about.

Ah, Elder Romero is doing well. His surgery went as planned and it's a good thing they did it because they found more wrong with it than they anticipated. He's all fixed now but will be missing a few weeks of class while he recouperates(did I spell that right?). He'll probably be delayed a week or two so he has some more time to learn the language.

Sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions, Mom--I don't function without my lists.

Ashley, I'm excited to hear you're going to DU. Thanks so much for lettign me know. I hope all is well as you finish up this last little jaunt of school.

Karina, have you made a decision on what job you're taking yet? Sounds like you have a few options. I hope school is going well for you. Crazy how time flies, really.

Tim and Matt--you're both bums--get on DearElder and tell me how you are. It's only free for 4 more weeks--so get with it. I haven't heard from either of you at all. Some brothers. :)

As for the work, it's going well. I'm into the third week of MIKEE (Mini In-field Korean Exposure and Experience) which basically means my teaching evaluation teacher plays the role of a progressing investigator and we do all the teaching in Korean. Hard to believe that I'm teaching all in Korean, but I go in there and the words come out. I know I've studied them, but I'm amazed I remember any of them. All Korean sounds the same, but somehow my brain sorts it. God is good to us missionaries! I've got a few investigators in the referral center--people who have called in from the commercials and things. Definitely praying for them.

Thank you for all the prayers. I truly can feel them working in my life. I pray for you all constantly.

Much Love,

~Rachel~

P.S. Dad's a bum, too, but I want a real letter from him--I like his handwriting. Weird, I know, but I'm strangely attached to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment